If you are searching for a perfect method to convert NSF to PST file format then here we will provide the most recommended methods. IBM Lotus Notes and MS Outlook are two widely used email service providers. Lotus Notes supports NSF (Notes Support Facility) file format to save all the mailbox data within the application. On the other hand, MS Outlook saves all its mailbox items in PST or Personal Storage Table file format. Sometimes due to various reasons, many users migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook program. Users face issues in exporting from one email client to another one. So in this blog we will discuss the best possible ways suggested by experts to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook. We will discuss manual as well as the automated professional NSF to PST Converter solution to convert NSF file to PST.
Before moving further to the methods, let’s first understand some reasons for NSF to PST migration.
Reasons to Convert NSF to PST Format of Outlook
There are numerous reasons for which users want to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook. We have mentioned some common reasons below.
- Outlook is more cost-effective as compared to the IBM Lotus Notes program.
- In Outlook, users can easily configure multiple accounts.
- MS Outlook offers a smooth user-friendly interface.
- Switching job could be one of the reasons as it might be possible that the other working place may use Outlook email application.
These are some common needs to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook program. Now let’s proceed further to different methods for Lotus Notes NSF to PST Conversion.
Manual Strategies to Convert NSF to PST
We have divided the manual process of migration in two steps for better understanding of the users. Before starting the process of conversion, it is suggested to create a copy of NSF data you want to export, as there might be several limitations using the manual technique due to the risk of human errors. Once the backup of the original data is made, then follow the steps provided.
- Export NSF Files to CSV
- Convert CSV to PST Format
Step 1: Export NSF Files to CSV
- Open the IBM Lotus Notes application.
- Click on the File tab.
- Press the Open button and choose the Lotus Notes program.
- Now, hit the browse button to choose NSF files to convert.
- Choose the Export option in the file menu.
- Enter the name of the file, saving type, and the location of file in the export dialog box.
- Choose the comma-separated value format.
- In CSV export dialog box, select the options as per your convenience.
- The data will now get saved in the location defined.
Step 2: Import CSV File into Outlook
- Open MS Outlook
- Go to the File menu.
- Choose open & export option
- Select the Import/Export option.
- Click on import from another program or file.
- Choose file type as comma-separated values.
- Browse to select the CSV file path.
- Select the path to store the exported file.
- Check on the checkbox in the import file dialog box.
- The entire CSV files are now successfully imported to Outlook.
- Tedious and more time-consuming process.
- Unable to convert multiple NSF files at once.
- High risk of data loss.
- Conversion of selective NSF files is not possible.
Professional Method to Convert NSF to PST Outlook
To convert NSF file to PST format of Outlook, users have seen the manual steps provided above. We have seen that there are several drawbacks using the manual technique. To overcome all these limitations, users can opt for any advanced Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter software available which is more trusted and reliable as compared to conventional manual approach. DRS NSF to PST Converter is one of the smart ways for Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion.The software is able to export single or multiple NSF files to PST, PDF, EML, OST, MBOX, HTML, CSV, Gmail, Live Exchange, Yahoo, etc. There are no file size restrictions using the tool. There are various features as well such as auto search option to find specific files. The free demo version is available to convert 50 items per folder for free.
Above in this blog, we have provided the perfect methods available to convert NSF to PST file format of Outlook. The conventional manual method has several limitations and risks due to human errors, So it is suggested to use a well known NSF to PST Converter for a hassle free conversion process.